Fat Tuesday Noodles with
Smoked Sausage and Shrimp
This Cajun spicy noodle dish starts with the authentic Cajun base of vegetables
known as the trinity - onion, celery, and bell pepper - then adds red and black
pepper and Italian seasoning to elevate the flavor. Customize by adding low fat
smoked sausage for a more healthful dish or andouille sausage to turn up the heat.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Crushed Red Pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick Coarse Ground
- 1/2 pound smoked sausage or andouille sausage
- 1/2 pound large
shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta,
- Heat olive oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, celery
and onion; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in Italian seasoning and red and black pepper.
- Cut sausage in half lengthwise, then in 1/2-inch slices. Add sausage and
shrimp to skillet. Cook for 2 minutes or until shrimp begin to turn pink.
- Add chicken broth. Bring to boil.
- Break pasta in half; add to skillet. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until pasta
is just tender.
Yield: 7 (1-cup) servings
Reprinted with permission from