French Quarter Green Beans
- 3 (9 ounce) package frozen French-style green beans
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- 1 (8 ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 (2 1/2 ounce) package slivered almonds
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cook green beans according to package; drain.
- Melt butter in a Dutch oven; add soup and cream cheese. Cook over low heat, stirring
constantly, until cream cheese is melted and mixture is smooth.
- Remove from heat; stir in green beans, onion flakes, water chestnuts, garlic
salt, pepper, and shredded Cheddar cheese.
- Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 1 3/4-quart casserole.
- Top with almonds; sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 375 degrees F for 45 minutes.
Yield: 8 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes