- Oil, for frying
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pound large peeled crawfish tails
- Heat the oil in a deep, heavy pot or electric fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Combine the egg, milk, mustard, salt, pepper and garlic powder in a bowl
and whisk to blend.
- In another bowl, sift the flour, cornmeal, and baking powder together
and stir to blend.
- Dip the crawfish tails, one at a time, into the egg mixture. Tap to
remove any excess, then dredge in the flour mixture.
- Drop into the hot oil and fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot.