- 4 cups fresh okra, sliced
- 1/2 to 3/4 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 to 2 cups vegetable oil
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Rinse okra and slice. Lightly salt and pepper okra.
- Add cornmeal and flour. Mix well.
- Heat oil in cast iron skillet until very hot. Add 1/2 okra mixture. Cook
until light brown, about 5 or 6 minutes.
- Remove to platter with paper towels for draining.
- Add next batch of okra mixture. Cook the same as above.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes