Fried Shrimp Po-Boy
Looking for something delicious to eat while watching your favorite team? This
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- Slap Ya Mama Cajun Fish Fry, 12 ounces
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- Vegetable oil
- French bread, enough to make 4 po-boy buns, each 8 inches long
- Rémoulade sauce
- Shredded iceberg lettuce
- Sliced tomatoes
- Sliced dill pickles
- Slap Ya Mama Pepper Sauce
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a thermometer attached to the side of a heavy pot or deep skillet, fill
pot with vegetable oil, about 2” deep and heat to 350 degrees F.
- Shrimp: While waiting for the oil to heat, whisk eggs and milk together in a
bowl making an egg wash. In a medium sized bowl, place Slap Ya Mama Cajun Fish Fry.
Now dip shrimp in egg wash, then coat evenly with fish fry batter. Working in batches,
fry shrimp until golden brown, about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally. Transfer
to a paper towel covered plate to drain.
- Bread: Slice French bread length ways; spread melted butter on the inside of
bread and place on a baking sheet with open ends up. Bake for approximately 10 minutes.
- Building a Po-Boy: Generously spread Rémoulade sauce on the inside of bread.
Layer with shrimp, lettuce, tomatoes and pickles. Douse with Slap Ya Mama Pepper
Sauce, serve and enjoy!
Yield: 4 servings
If you like it a little spicier, try seasoning the shrimp with our Slap Ya Mama
Hot Blend Seasoning before dipping them into the egg wash. Deliciousness with a
Recipe and photo credit: Slap Ya Mama