Grilled Crawfish with Spicy Butter
Grilling fresh crawfish imparts a smoky flavor that’s irresistible paired with spicy butter.
- 6 tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 pounds live crawfish
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- Fill a large pan with water. Add kosher salt, and bring to a boil over high heat. Add crawfish, and cook about 1 minute. Transfer crawfish to a large ice bath.
- With a sharp knife, cut through shell on belly side the entire length of crawfish.
Remove vein, and remove sack behind eyes in head. Rinse crawfish thoroughly, removing any remaining sediment.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter and Cajun seasoning, and beat at medium-high speed with a mixer until smooth and creamy. Cover, and refrigerate up to 3 days.
- Spray grill basket with nonstick nonflammable cooking spray. Heat grill to medium-high heat (350 degrees to 400 degrees F). Place crawfish in grill basket, and grill, shaking basket occasionally, until shell turns bright red and meat is cooked through, about 6 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter mixture over medium-high heat.
- Serve melted butter with crawfish.
Cook/Prep: 30 min | Servings: 4
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Louisiana Seafood