This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Grilled Crawfish with Spicy Butter
Grilling fresh crawfish imparts a smoky flavor that’s irresistible paired with
- 6 tablespoons kosher salt
- 4 pounds live crawfish
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- Fill a large pan with water. Add kosher salt, and bring to a boil over high heat.
Add crawfish, and cook about 1 minute. Transfer crawfish to a large ice bath.
- With a sharp knife, cut through shell on belly side the entire length of crawfish.
Remove vein, and remove sack behind eyes in head. Rinse crawfish thoroughly, removing
any remaining sediment.
- In a medium bowl, combine butter and Cajun seasoning, and beat at medium-high
speed with a mixer until smooth and creamy. Cover, and refrigerate up to 3 days.
- Spray grill basket with nonstick nonflammable cooking spray. Heat grill to
medium-high heat (350 degrees to 400 degrees F). Place crawfish in grill basket,
and grill, shaking basket occasionally, until shell turns bright red and meat is
cooked through, about 6 minutes. In a small saucepan, melt butter mixture over medium-high
- Serve melted butter with crawfish.
Cooking/Prep Time: 30 min | Serves 4
Photograph courtesy of Hoffman Media
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission): Louisiana Seafood