Grilled Creole Snapper
Snap up the flavors of great grilled fish with this Grilled Creole Snapper.
For a crisp and cooling sidekick, toss together a salad of leafy greens and sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, cut crosswise in half
- 1 medium onion, cut into fourths
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, cut in half
- 4 medium green onions, thinly sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds red snapper, sole or flounder fillets, about 1/2 inch thick
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Hot cooked rice, if desired
- Heat coals or gas grill for direct heat. Spray large piece of heavy-duty
aluminum foil with cooking spray.
- Place tomatoes, onion and bell pepper on foil. Wrap foil securely around
- Cover and grill foil packets, seam sides up, 4 to 6 inches from medium heat
6 minutes, turning once.
- While vegetables are grilling, mix green onions, vinegar, thyme, salt and
pepper sauce in medium bowl; set aside.
- Spray fish and hinged wire grill basket with cooking spray.
- Place fish in basket; add to grill with vegetables.
- Cover and grill fish 7 to 8 minutes, turning once, until fish flakes easily
- Place fish on serving platter; keep warm.
- Coarsely chop grilled vegetables. Toss vegetables, parsley and green onion
mixture; spoon over fish.
- Serve with rice.
Yield: 4 servings
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 180 (Calories from Fat 20 ); Total
Fat 2 g (Saturated Fat 1 g); Cholesterol 80 mg; Sodium 440 mg; Total Carbohydrate
8 g (Dietary Fiber 2 g); Protein 33 g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 16 %; Vitamin C 26 %; Calcium 4 %; Iron 6
Exchanges: 2 Vegetable; 4 Very Lean Meat
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo used with permission from: Betty Crocker 2008/TM General Mills
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.