This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Grilled Oysters Parmesan
Do not over-cook these little delights. They should barely brown in 5 minutes
on the grill but that's enough time for the flavors to get to melt-in-your mouth
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 48 oysters, shucked in the half shell
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup (about 6 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat grill to high.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil.
- Sauté garlic until the garlic sizzles, about 10 minutes.
- Place the oysters on the grill and slowly pour about 1 teaspoon of the oil and
garlic mixture on top of each oyster, making sure each oyster gets its fair share
of garlic. Top with a pinch or two of parsley.
- Close grill top and cook about 4 minutes.
- Open grill and top each oyster with 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.
- Close grill top for 1 minute, just long enough to slightly melt the cheese.
- Transfer oysters to a plate with tongs and serve.
Yield: 4 dozen
Per oyster: 54 calories (percent of calories from fat, 86), 1 gram protein,
1 gram carbohydrates, trace fiber, 5 grams fat (1 gram saturated), 6 milligrams
cholesterol, 50 milligrams sodium