Grilled Oysters Parmesan
Do not over-cook these little delights. They should barely brown in 5 minutes
on the grill but that's enough time for the flavors to get to melt-in-your mouth
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped garlic
- 48 oysters, shucked in the half shell
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup (about 6 ounces) grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat grill to high.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add the olive oil.
- Sauté garlic until the garlic sizzles, about 10 minutes.
- Place the oysters on the grill and slowly pour about 1 teaspoon of the oil and garlic mixture on top of each oyster, making sure each oyster gets its fair share of garlic. Top with a pinch or two of parsley.
- Close grill top and cook about 4 minutes.
- Open grill and top each oyster with 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese.
- Close grill top for 1 minute, just long enough to slightly melt the cheese.
- Transfer oysters to a plate with tongs and serve.
Yield: 4 dozen
Per oyster: 54 calories (percent of calories from fat, 86), 1 gram protein,
1 gram carbohydrates, trace fiber, 5 grams fat (1 gram saturated), 6 milligrams
cholesterol, 50 milligrams sodium
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.