Gulf Coast Seafood Stew with Rice
New Orleans meets San Francisco in this seafood-packed stew. Flounder, crab,
shrimp and oysters make up this dish that's gumbo, part cioppino.
This recipe is gluten-free!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3 tablespoons thinly sliced garlic
- 5 1/2 cups water
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 can (6 ounces) gluten-free tomato
- 1 package ZATARAIN'S® Spanish Rice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound flounder,
cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound jumbo lump crabmeat
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp,
peeled and deveined
- 1 pint shucked oysters with liquor (juice)
- Heat oil in large saucepot or Dutch oven on medium-high heat. Add celery,
bell pepper, onion and garlic; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until softened.
- Stir in water, tomatoes, tomato paste, Rice Mix and salt; bring to boil.
Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add fish, crabmeat, shrimp and oysters. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes
until oysters are curled.
- Season as desired with hot pepper sauce.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
Makes 12 (1-cup) servings
Reprinted with permission from
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Loaded Cajun Cornbread
Chocolate Filled Beignet
Cajun Shrimp Casserole
Chocolate Bourbon Balls