Ham leftovers with a Cajun feel. Serve with a green salad and iced tea.
- 1 1/2 cups ham, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 3/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced (2 cloves)
- 14 1/2 ounces stewed tomatoes
- 14 ounces chicken broth (reduced-sodium)
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking rice
- Heat olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion,
sweet pepper and garlic in hot oil about 5 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in undrained stewed tomatoes, chicken broth, ham and Cajun
seasoning. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 5
- Stir in rice. Remove from heat. Cover and let stand about 5 minutes
or until rice is tender.
Yield: 4 servings