- 3 pounds shrimp, cleaned and peeled
- 1 (16 ounce) can crab meat
- 1 quart oysters
- 2 yellow onions
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 bunch green onions
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons file
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In a skillet make light brown roux; add to a medium or large pot. Add water,
start to boil fast. Cook vegetables down in skillet with water, until tender; add
to pot and continue to cook.
- Add crab meat and cook for 30 minutes.
- Add shrimp and oysters and cook for another 30 to 45 minutes over medium heat.
- About 5 minutes before serving, add file and stir.
- Serve over hot, cooked rice.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes