Home Style Gumbo
Enjoy this flavorful pork and shrimp gumbo recipe that's easily made at home
in just 30 minutes.
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 pound boneless pork loin, cut into thin strips
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen shelled deveined cooked shrimp, thawed
- Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat until hot.
- Add onions, celery, bell pepper and garlic; cook and stir 5 minutes.
- Add pork; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Add broth, thyme, basil, hot pepper sauce and tomatoes; mix well. Bring
to a boil. Stir in rice and shrimp.
- Remove from heat; cover and let stand for 5 minutes or until shrimp are
Prep Time 30 min | Yield: 5 servings
If desired, serve with additional hot pepper sauce.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes