Hot Cabbage Creole
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, chopped (reserve juice)
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup vinegar
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Cut up bacon and fry in large pan.
- Add onion and green pepper and sauté with bacon.
- Add tomatoes and juice. Stir.
- Add cabbage, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle lightly with cayenne pepper.
- Add vinegar. Bring to a boil and cover. Simmer for 45 minutes.
Yield: 8 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes