Hot Cabbage Creole
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 large green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole tomatoes, chopped (reserve juice)
- 1 head cabbage, chopped
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cayenne pepper
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- Cut up bacon and fry in large pan.
- Add onion and green pepper and sauté with bacon.
- Add tomatoes and juice. Stir.
- Add cabbage, salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle lightly with cayenne pepper.
- Add vinegar. Bring to a boil and cover. Simmer for 45 minutes.
Yield: 8 servings