This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Hot Cajun Pickle Chips
- 1 gallon hamburger dill pickle slices
- 5 pounds granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 ounces garlic flakes
- 2 ounces Tabasco sauce
- Drain pickles in a colander for at least 30 minutes, pressing out the juice.
- In a large bowl, mix together the sugar, garlic flakes and Tabasco sauce.
- In a wide-mouth gallon jar, tightly pack alternating layers of pickle chips and
sugar mixture. Close lid tightly and set aside on counter.
- Every 24 hours for five days, turn the jar over.
- Divide into pint jars and seal.
- Chill before serving.
Yield: 8 pints