King Cake Bread Pudding
These bright colors, sprinkles and bread pudding will put you in the mood for
a Mardi Gras par-tay!
- 1 (16.3 ounce) can Pillsbury™ Grands!™ Flaky Layers refrigerated Buttermilk biscuits
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk or half-and-half
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Glaze and Decorations
- 2 cups cream cheese frosting (from two 1-pound cans)
- 2 tablespoons bourbon, if desired
- Yellow, purple and green sanding sugar, coarse sparkling sugar or candy sprinkles
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 13 x 9-inch (3-quart) glass baking
dish with cooking spray.
- Bread Pudding: Bake biscuits as directed on can. Cool.
- Meanwhile, in very large bowl, beat eggs slightly. Add milk and sugar;
beat well. Stir in pecans, raisins and cinnamon.
- Cut each cooled biscuit into 6 (1-inch) pieces. Add biscuit pieces to
egg mixture; gently stir to mix and coat well. Let stand for 10 minutes,
stirring occasionally, so biscuit pieces soak up egg mixture. Pour mixture
into baking dish; press down slightly to even top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until knife inserted into egg mixture comes
- Remove from oven; cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Glaze and Decorations: In small bowl, mix frosting and bourbon until well combined. Spread
Glaze evenly over Bread Pudding.
- Sprinkle sanding sugar over top to make it pretty!
Prep 15 min | Total 1 hr | Servings 10
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1 Serving: Calories 552.0 Total Fat
17.7g 27% Saturated Fat 4.4g 22% Cholesterol 76.8mg 26% Sodium 622.8mg 26%
Potassium 191.5mg 6% Total Carbohydrate 90.9g 30% Dietary Fiber 1.8g 7% Sugars
59.9g Protein 9.6g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin C 0.50% Calcium 8% Iron 13.10%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe credit: Amy Erickson
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes