Lamb Creole Gumbo
- 1 pound American lamb leg or shoulder, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 (16 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen sliced okra, defrosted
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- Coat lamb with flour.
- In large pan with cover, heat oil over medium-hot heat. Add lamb and
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, wine, parsley, lemon, salt, thyme, bay leaf
and garlic. Simmer, covered, for 1 1/2 hours.
- Add okra and black-eyed peas. Cook for 10 to 15 additional minutes.
- Remove bay leaf before serving.
Recipe credit: American Lamb Board
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes