Lemon Cream King Cake
Find a sweet surprise inside this Mardi Gras king's cake when you taste its delicious
lemon and cream-cheese filling!
- 12 Rhodes™ Dinner Rolls or 8 Rhodes Texas™ Rolls, or l Loaf Rhodes™ White Bread dough, thawed to room temperature
- 8 ounces Neufchatel or cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Zest from one lemon
- 1 egg, beaten
- White icing
- Purple, green and gold sugar sprinkles
- Spray counter lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll combined rolls or loaf into a 10 x 18-inch rectangle. Cover with plastic
wrap and let rest.
- In a bowl, combine the cheese and powdered sugar. Add the lemon extract
and zest and mix well.
- Remove wrap from dough and spread filling over all but 1/2-inch along all
edges. Brush one long edge with egg.
- Roll up lengthwise starting with the long edge that has not been brushed
with egg. Pinch seam to seal. Form into a ring and pinch ends together to seal.
Place on large sprayed baking sheet and cover with sprayed plastic wrap. Let
rise for 45-60 minutes.
- Remove wrap and bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes. Cover with foil
last 15 minutes, if necessary, to prevent over-browning.
- Cool completely and then ice with white icing. Decorate with sugar sprinkles
Yield: 6 servings | Prep Time: 10 min | Bake Time: 30-35 min
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Rhodes International - rhodesbakenserv.com
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes