Louisiana Chicken Sketti
- 4-6 chicken breasts
- Cajun seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter or oil for sautéing
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped*
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, minced
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella or Cheddar cheese*
- 1 (16 ounce) package spaghetti
* Substitute one can Ro*Tel with green chiles for the tomatoes and 8 ounces cubed
Velveeta for the shredded cheese.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Season the chicken breast well with Cajun seasoning.
- Sauté the chicken breasts in the butter or oil until lightly browned.
- Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the skillet, add the onion, bell pepper and tomatoes and cook until the vegetable
- Add the oregano, rosemary and additional Cajun seasoning.
- Cut the chicken into cubes and add to the vegetable mixture and heat together
for about 10 minutes.
- Prepare the spaghetti according to package directions and drain.
- In a large bowl, combine the soups and broth then add the vegetable mixture and
- Once combined, add the drained spaghetti and half of the cheese and mix.
- Pour the chicken and spaghetti mixture into a buttered casserole dish, top with
the remaining cheese and bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes