Louisiana Crawfish Pies
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) salted butter
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 cup finely chopped green bell peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, dissolved in 1 cup water
- 1 pound peeled Louisiana crawfish tails
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, green part only
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 6 (3-inch) pie shells or 1 9-inch pie shell, pre-baked according to package instructions
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onions and bell peppers and cook, stirring, until soft and lightly golden,
about 6 minutes.
- Add salt, cayenne, black pepper, tomato paste, paprika and 1/2 cup water.
Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- Add cornstarch and water. Cook mixture, stirring often, until it is smooth
and slightly thick.
- Add crawfish and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.
- Add green onions and parsley and adjust seasoning to taste.
- Remove mixture from heat and cool.
- Spoon mixture into the pre-baked pie shells. Place on a baking sheet and
bake at 350 degrees F until the mixture is bubbly, 8 to 10 minutes for small
pie shells or 15 to 18 minutes for a 9-inch shell.
Cooking/Prep Time: 50 min | Serves 6
Chef's Note: The filling can be made up to 2 days in advance and stored in an
airtight container in the refrigerator.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes