Louisiana Fig Cake
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 cups bleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups mashed fig preserves
- 1 cup chopped pecans
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour a 12-cup Bundt pan.
- Beat the sugar and the eggs until creamy. Add the vegetable oil and stir well
to blend. Add the milk and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, salt, and baking soda. Mix well.
Add this to the first mixture, stirring to blend.
- Add the pecans and fig preserves. Stir again to blend.
- Pour into the prepared Bundt pan and bake until cake sets, about 1 hour.
- Let cool before slicing to serve.
Yield: 10 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes