Louisiana Fried Catfish
- 2 pounds catfish filets
- 1/2 cup yellow mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups peanut oil
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Wash fish and pat dry with paper towels.
- Combine mustard, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Toss fish in mustard mixture.
- Combine cornmeal and flour. Dredge coated filets in cornmeal and flour mixture.
- Heat peanut oil until very hot. Fry catfish filets, a few at a time, until golden
brown and crisp.
- Serve hot.
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes