Louisiana Ground Meat Pisketti
- 2 1/2 pounds lean ground meat
- 1/4 cup diced onions
- 1/4 cup diced bell pepper
- 1/4 cup diced celery
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 6 cans (tomato paste) water
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 5 pinches sea salt, if desired
- Parmesan cheese
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- In large Dutch oven over medium heat, add ground meat, diced vegetables and 1
1/2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning. Cook until ground meat is browned thoroughly.
- Drain grease, if any.
- Add the fire roasted tomatoes, tomato paste and tomato sauce. Add 6 cans of water. Stir well and add another tablespoon of Cajun seasoning, minced garlic and Italian
seasoning. Cook over medium heat, covered, for approximately 45 minutes; stirring
every now and then.
- After the 45 minutes, remove the lid and reduce heat to medium-low and allow
to cook another 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook spaghetti.
- When the pasta is cooked, ladle out about 1 cup of the water that the pasta cooked
in and drain the pasta. Add this reserved water to spaghetti and stir well. This
starchy water will help your spaghetti to stick to your noodles. Add sea salt if
- Serve immediately./
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes