Louisiana Meat Pie
Have your meat pie one of two ways - with a top crust or with cheese. Either way, it's delicious!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can tomato soup
- 1 teaspoon kosher or sea salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon oregano
- 2 pie shells (unbaked)
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Brown ground beef and onions in oil in skillet.
- Stir in beans, soup and seasonings. Pour into pie shell. Cover with
second shell and seal edges. Cut slits in top. Bake for 25 minutes or until
- Serve hot or cold.
Optional Topping: Pour meat mixture into pie shell; leave the second pie shell off.
Bake at 400 degrees F for 25 minutes. Ten minutes before done, put cheese on top
and continue baking until cheese is melted.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes