Louisiana Potato Salad
This salad is best when served warm, but also tastes great at room temperature.
Try making it the day before the party; cover and refrigerate. Let stand for 1 hour
at room temperature before serving.
- 2 pounds red potatoes, cubed and cooked
- 1 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 8 slices thick cut bacon,
cut into 1-inch pieces
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, thinly sliced
- 1 red or yellow pepper, chopped
- Mix potatoes, dressing and seasonings in a large bowl, set aside.
- Cook bacon in skillet on medium heat to desired crispness. Remove bacon from
skillet; reserve 1 tablespoon drippings in skillet. Drain bacon on paper towels.
- Add onions, pepper and celery to drippings in skillet; cook and stir until crisp-tender.
- Add to potato mixture with crumbled bacon; mix lightly.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Source: Emeril Lagasse
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Cajun Blooming Onion
Louisiana Sweet Potato Pancakes
Lemon Cream King Cake