Louisiana Potato Salad 2
- 5 medium-size red potatoes, cooked in skins until tender
- 6 to 8 slices cooked bacon
- 3 tablespoons bacon grease (hot)
- 1 small
- 1/2 cup chopped celery with leaves
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped pickles (sweet or dill)
- 1/2 pimento
- 1 tablespoon
Louisiana hot sauce or Tabasco sauce
- Salt and pepper
- Mix potatoes, celery, onion, pickles and pimento in a bowl.
- Crumble bacon in and mix.
- Add mayonnaise and mustard; you may want to add more or less, depending on taste.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add hot bacon grease.
Yield: 8 servings
This can be served hot or cold.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
Cajun Blooming Onion
Louisiana Sweet Potato Pancakes
Lemon Cream King Cake