Louisiana Red Beans and Rice
- 1 pound red beans, washed, drained, and soaked in water overnight, drained
- 3 cups water
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 large bay leaf, crushed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup cooking oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Steaming rice
- Place beans in cold water in a 4-quart pot. Add garlic, celery, bay leaf, onion,
and oil and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 2 hours. Add water
as needed, stirring occasionally.
- Add salt, pepper, sausage, and parsley and continue cooking over low heat for
about 1 hour.
- Serve over a mound of steaming rice and enjoy!
Yield: 6-8 servings