Louisiana Shrimp Boil
Peppery Pepper Sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced chile peppers
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 3/4 cup chopped pimentos
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon coarse mustard
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped lemon sections
- 4 quarts water
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon mustard powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 4 bay leaves
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled*
- Lemon wedges (for garnish)
- Peppery Pepper Sauce: In a small skillet, heat the oil. Add the onions, chile
pepper and garlic and sauté over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
- In a blender, combine the vegetables, roasted red peppers or pimentos, paprika,
Louisiana Hot Sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard, vinegar and lemons. Puree until
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Shrimp: In an 8-quart pot, combine the water, paprika, pepper flakes, Louisiana
Hot Sauce, mustard, garlic powder, lemon juice and bay leaves. Bring to a boil;
cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add the shrimp to the pot. Stir, return to a boil, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain and garnish with lemon wedges.
- Serve with Peppery Pepper Sauce.
* Or you can leave shells on shrimp.