Louisiana Shrimp or Crab Mold
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 (1/4 ounce) envelope Knox unflavored gelatine
- 3 tablespoons hot water
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 pound imitation or real crabmeat or 1 pound shrimp
- Salt and pepper
- 10 -20 drops hot sauce, to taste
- Have ready an oiled mold.
- Heat soup until just hot, but do not allow to come to a boil.
- Add cream cheese; stir until blended.
- Dissolve gelatine in 3 tablespoons hot water.
- Combine gelatine with soup mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Pour into prepared mold.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Serve with fresh bagels cut into wedges.