Louisiana Style Li'l Smokies
- 5 slices bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Tabasco green pepper sauce
- 1 1/2 packages bite-size smoked sausage, chopped
- Hot cooked rice
- Fry bacon in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat until crisp and brown,
about 5 minutes.
- Add onion and green bell pepper and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in pineapple juice, ketchup and green pepper sauce, mixing well.
- Add smoked sausage to sauce; bring to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Serve over rice, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings
Nutritional information: Calories: 471 Total Fat: 39 Carbohydrates: 17 Protein: