Louisiana Yam Corn Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 2 1/2 tablespoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 2/3 cups mashed cooked or canned sweet potatoes
- Sift all the dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Combine the eggs, milk and oil in a large bowl, beat until smooth.
- Add yams and beat until well blended.
- Add dry ingredients, stirring only until moistened.
- Spoon it into two greased 8-inch square baking pans.
- Bake at 425 degrees F for 40 minutes or until done.
- Cut into squares and serve warm with butter.