Mardi Gras Crawfish Cornbread
It’s Mardi Gras time, and so it’s time for crawfish.
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Creole or Cajun seasoning
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion, finely diced
- 8 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (12-ounce) bag frozen corn, thawed
- 2 pounds crawfish tail meat, finely chopped
- 1 (4-ounce) can diced jalapenos
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking dish.
- Stir the cornmeal, baking powder, salt and Creole seasoning together in a very
- Stir in the eggs and oil and mix thoroughly.
- Add the onion, cheese, corn, crawfish and jalapenos and stir until everything
is completely mixed together and evenly distributed.
- Spread the cornbread into the prepared pan, smoothing out the surface.
- Bake for 45 – 50 minutes until golden and firm and a tester comes out clean.
- Let rest for about 10 minutes before slicing and serving warm.