- 1 (10 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 medium green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch squares (2/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine tomatoes, rice, water, green pepper, onion, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt,
oregano, thyme and bay leaf in a 3-quart casserole.
- In a large bowl, mix remaining ingredients; shape in 1 1/2- to 2-inch balls and
place in casserole. Cover and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour 15 minutes or until
rice is tender, stirring occasionally. If after 45 minutes the rice is dry, add
1/4 cup boiling water.
Yield: 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes