Milton Zatarain’s Crawfish Boil
This is definitely a recipe for a large crowd.
- 6 gallons water
- 2 dozen lemons, cut in half
- 4 large onions, quartered
- 3/4 cup celery seed
- 1 cup allspice
- 2 1/2 pounds salt, not iodized
- 1 1/2 cups cayenne pepper
- 3/4 cup liquid crab boil
- 2 cups whole bay leaves
- 12 bags Zatarain crab boil
- 40 pounds live Louisiana crawfish
- 1 gallon ice water
- Bring all the ingredients except the crawfish to a boil, and let them boil
5 minutes; then add crawfish. Return to a boil, boil for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the fire and add the gallon of ice water; this makes the crawfish
sink under water. Let soak 30 minutes and then drain.
Cooking/Prep Time: 45 min | Serves 12 to 15
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes