New Orleans Old Style Pralines
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup milk
stick butter (6 tablespoons)
- 1 1/2 cups pecans (roasted optional)
- 1 teaspoon
- Combine all ingredients and bring to soft ball stage (230 to 240 degrees F),
- Remove from heat. Stir until mixture thickens, becomes creamy and cloudy, and
pecans stay suspended in mixture.
- Spoon out onto aluminum foil or parchment paper.
Yield: approximately 15 to 20 pralines, depending on size
To roast pecans, bake them on a sheet pan at 275 degrees F for 20 to 25
minutes until slightly brown.
Option: To make Praline Sauce, add 1/2 cup corn syrup to mixture.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
French Market Beignets
Shrimp Creole 3
Bayou Jambalaya-Style Sausage and Rice
Cajun Sweet Potato Fries with Yogurt Dipping Sauce