New Orleans Strawberries
- Flavor desired
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 1 quart fresh, cleaned strawberries
- Dark brown sugar
Flavor (choice of)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Stir one of the desired flavors into sour cream.
- To serve, place sour cream, sugar and strawberries in individual serving bowls.
- With fork or wooden pick, dip strawberries into sour cream, then brown sugar.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
French Market Beignets
Shrimp Creole 3
Bayou Jambalaya-Style Sausage and Rice
Cajun Sweet Potato Fries with Yogurt Dipping Sauce