- 2 pounds shrimp
- 16 cups chicken stock (1 gallon)
- 1/3 cup butter
- 2 pounds okra, sliced
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups canned tomatoes (#2 can)
- Peel and clean shrimp.
- Melt butter in soup pot. Add okra, onion, green pepper and saute. Add garlic
and chopped parsley and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock and tomatoes. Add shrimp and cook over medium heat for 30 minutes.
- Stir thoroughly.
- Serve with rice.
Yield: 8 servings