As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 2 tablespoons bacon fat or oil
- 1 large onion, sliced into rings
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Dash of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or grated lemon rind
- 1 pound fresh okra, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Heat fat in medium skillet. Sauté onion and green bell pepper.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and lemon juice; simmer for 15 minutes.
- In another skillet, heat oil. Dust okra with flour. Add to skillet and cook until
heated, but not brown.
- Reduce heat. Pour sauce over okra. Add grated cheese; cover and simmer for 15
Yield: 4 to 6 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes