Omelette au Rhum
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup rum
- Make a regular omelet cooked in butter. Keep it soft and add a pinch of salt
and 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- Turn omelet onto a hot plate and sprinkle the top with remaining tablespoon of
- Pass under broiler to caramelize sugar.
- Heat the rum, pour it over omelet and ignite.
- Spoon burning rum over omelet and when fire goes out.
- Serve immediately.
Yield: 2 servings
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine April 2001
Source: Recipes & Reminiscences of New Orleans, contributed by Antoine's
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
French Market Beignets
Shrimp Creole 3
Bayou Jambalaya-Style Sausage and Rice
Cajun Sweet Potato Fries with Yogurt Dipping Sauce