- 24 Pepperidge Farm pastry shells
- 24 Louisiana oysters, with oyster liquid
- 4 stalks celery, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch scallions, minced
- 1/3 bunch parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Bake pastry shells according to directions on the box.
- Let cool, then remove pastry from inside the shells with a fork. Put aside in
a bowl for later use.
- Melt butter in skillet. Sauté celery until slightly soft, then add scallions.
Sauté for about 3 minutes, then add garlic, stirring constantly.
- After mixture becomes soft, add the insides of the patty shells and water from
the oysters. Consistency should be like a thick gravy. If necessary, add water to
keep the mixture from becoming too thick.
- When the pastry mixture cooks down, add the oysters and cook until the butter
rises to the top, about 10 to 15 minutes. Oysters will shrink when cooked.
- Add the parsley, and stir for about 1 minute. Fill each patty shell with at least
one oyster and some of the mixture. Put pastry top on to cover.
Yield: 24 Patties
The patty shells can be filled and refrigerated, then warmed in the oven at 300
degrees F when ready to serve.