Pan Fried Louisiana Crab Cakes
- 1 extra-large egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- Salt to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 or 4 drops Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 pound fresh jumbo lump crabmeat
- 3 or 4 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 2 cups corn or peanut oil
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases at no additional cost to you. Thank you for supporting Recipe Goldmine.
- Combine egg, mayonnaise and seasonings. Add crabmeat and enough bread crumbs to absorb excess moisture. Stir to blend well. Mixture should be firm enough to
hold together. Adjust seasoning as desired.
- Form crabmeat mixture into 8 patties. Place on wax paper for about 20 minutes
to dry slightly.
- Pour oil into skillet to a depth of 1/2 inch and heat to 350 degrees F.
- Fry crab cakes for about 3 to 4 minutes per side or until golden brown on both
sides. Do not crowd pan. Fry in several batches, if necessary.
- Drain on paper towel.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes