Pepper-Glazed Cajun Chicken
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 6 tablespoons hot pepper jelly
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- Sprinkle chicken with Cajun seasoning.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook,
turning about 10 minutes, until chicken is brown.
- Remove chicken; set aside.
- To drippings in same pan, add green onions and cook 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add vinegar, jelly and broth; cook, stirring frequently, until jelly melts.
- Return chicken to pan; spoon glaze over chicken. Cover and cook over medium-low
heat, turning chicken several times, about 5 minutes, until chicken is fork-tender.
- Transfer chicken to serving platter.
- Increase heat to medium-high and cook glaze until it thickens slightly. Spoon
Yield: 4 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes