Praline Mini Cakes
Family and friends will go crazy for mini cakes! Toffee bits add sweet flavor and crunch.
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup toffee bits
Glaze and Garnish
- 1/4 cup butter (do not use margarine)
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup toffee bits
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark or nonstick pans).
- Cakes: Generously grease and lightly flour 12 mini fluted tube cake pans or 12
jumbo muffin cups (do not spray with cooking spray).
- In large bowl, beat cake mix, water, oil and eggs with electric mixer on
low speed 30 seconds, then on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Fold in pecans and 1/2 cup toffee bits.
- Divide batter evenly among mini pans.
- Bake for 18 to 23 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center of cake comes
- Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to cooling rack.
- Cool completely, about 1 hour.
- Glaze and Garnish: In 1-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium-high heat.
- Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and milk. Heat to rolling boil over medium-high
heat, stirring frequently; remove from heat.
- Immediately beat in powdered sugar and vanilla extract with whisk until smooth.
- Immediately drizzle about 1 tablespoon glaze over each cake; sprinkle each
with 1 teaspoon toffee bits.
- Store loosely covered.
Prep Time 20 min | Servings 12
Almond lovers can get a fix by substituting almonds for the pecans and almond
extract for the vanilla.
To keep the cakes from sticking to the cake pans, be sure to generously grease
and flour the pans.
Nutrition Information: Serving Size: 1 Mini Cake: Calories 470 ( Calories
from Fat 210), Total Fat 24g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g ), Cholesterol 65mg
Sodium 310mg Total Carbohydrate 62g (Dietary Fiber 1g Sugars 45g ), Protein 3g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 8%; Iron 6%
Exchanges:1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 3 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat
Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 4 1/2
Fat; Carbohydrate Choices: 4
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes