Praline Pumpkin Dessert
Eat cake instead of pumpkin pie! Made easier with a cake mix and baked in a pan
everyone has, this dessert feeds a crowd!
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 box Betty Crocker SuperMoist golden vanilla cake mix
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans or walnuts
- 3/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
- Whipped cream, if desired
- Additional pumpkin pie spice, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F (325 degrees F for dark or nonstick pan).
- Grease or spray bottom and sides of 13 x 9-inch pan.
- In medium bowl, beat pumpkin, milk, eggs, sugar and 4 teaspoons pumpkin
pie spice with wire whisk until smooth. Pour into pan.
- Sprinkle dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture.
- Sprinkle with pecans.
- Pour melted butter evenly over top.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool for 30 minutes.
- To serve, cut dessert into 4 rows by 3 rows.
- Serve warm or chilled with dollop of whipped cream sprinkled with pumpkin
- Store covered in the refrigerator.
Yield: 12 servings
High Altitude (3500-6500 ft): No change.
Use canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie mix, for this dessert. Pumpkin pie mix contains
sugar and spices, not just pumpkin.
If you can’t find the golden vanilla cake mix, it’s okay to use SuperMoist butter
recipe yellow cake mix.
Nutrition Information: 1 Serving: Calories 510 (Calories from Fat 250); Total
Fat 27g (Saturated Fat 10g, Trans Fat 1 1/2g); Cholesterol 90mg; Sodium 410mg; Total
Carbohydrate 60g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 42g); Protein 6g
Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 140%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 15%; Iron 10%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 3 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 High-Fat
Meat; 4 1/2 Fat Carbohydrate Choices: 4
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Recipe and photo credit: Betty Crocker 2008/TM General Mills