Purple, Green and Gold Mardi Gras Pork
- 1/2 cup chopped seedless green grapes
- 1 cup chopped plums
- 1 cup chopped canned peaches
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened orange juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 (2 1/2-pound) lean boneless pork loin
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- Combine grapes, plums, peaches, onion, orange juice, ginger, orange rind and
allspice in a medium bowl, stir well. Cover fruit relish and chill.
- Place pork on a rack in a roasting pan coated with cooking spray.
- Combine garlic, mustard and pepper; stir well. Rub garlic mixture over entire
surface of roast.
- Place roasting pan in a preheated 350 degree F oven for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
- Let roast stand for 10 minutes.
- Slice diagonally into 1/2-inch slices.
- Serve hot with cold fruit relish.
Yield: 10 servings