Quick Cajun Ziti Skillet
Cajun seasoning will bring a little Louisiana flair to your everyday dinner. Try this easy ziti skillet for a comforting dinner that’s big on flavor. Serve with Louisiana-style hot sauce for added Cajun flavor.
- 4 ounces ziti or penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces extra-lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 2 cups sodium-reduced crushed tomatoes
- 1/4 cup shredded low-fat Monterey Jack Cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In large pot of boiling salted water,
cook pasta for 6 to 8 minutes or until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup
pasta water. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in large, ovenproof
skillet set over medium heat; cook beef for 5 to 8 minutes or until browned.
- Add onion, red pepper, garlic, celery and Cajun seasoning; cook,
stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, cooked pasta and reserved pasta water; toss
- Sprinkle with Monterey Jack and Parmesan cheese; transfer to
oven and bake for 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown.
Sprinkle with parsley.
4 servings | Total Time 45 min
Calories 360 kcal
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
National Pasta Association
Content and photographs are copyright protected. Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes