Ragin' Cajun Jambalaya
A hearty chicken and rice dish made extraordinary with spicy, smoky flavors coming
from the sausage and tomatoes.
- 1 (16 ounce) package smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 cups long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 2 (10 ounce) cans Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 2 (14 ounce) cans reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can Hunt's® Tomato Sauce-No Salt Added
- Cook sausage and chicken in large saucepan over medium-high heat until chicken
is no longer pink, stirring frequently.
- Remove chicken from saucepan; cover to keep warm.
- Add onion and garlic to same saucepan; cook for 3 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender, stirring frequently.
- Remove onion and garlic from saucepan and add to meat.
- Add rice to same saucepan; cook for 5 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring
- Return sausage and onion mixture to saucepan; mix well.
- Stir in undrained tomatoes, broth and tomato sauce; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce
heat to low and simmer for 20 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir before serving.
Prep Time: 25 Min | Makes: 8 servings (1 1/2 cups each)
Nutrition information: Calories: 411
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):