River Road Crawfish Stew
This is the most popular of all crawfish dishes cooked in Bayou country.
- 2 pounds cleaned crawfish tails
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup vegetable
- 3 quarts crawfish stock or water *
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup
chopped green onions
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup
- Salt and cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- Dash of Louisiana Gold Pepper Sauce
- 2 tablespoons diced garlic
* Any shellfish stock or fish stock may be substituted, but the dish will be
good even if plain water is used.
- In a two gallon stock pot, heat oil over medium high heat. Add flour and using
a wire whip, stir constantly until dark brown roux is achieved.
- When brown, add onions, celery, bell pepper and garlic and sauté until vegetables
are wilted, approximately 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add crawfish tails and cook until meat is pink and slightly curled.
- Stir in tomato sauce and slowly add crawfish stock stirring constantly until
all is incorporated.
- Bring to a low boil, reduce to simmer and cook thirty minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add green onions and parsley and season to taste using salt and pepper.
- When done, serve over white rice with a few dashes of Louisiana Gold Pepper Sauce.
Other Cajun and Creole recipes you may like...
French Market Beignets
Shrimp Creole 3
Bayou Jambalaya-Style Sausage and Rice
Cajun Sweet Potato Fries with Yogurt Dipping Sauce