Riz au Lait
This dessert was made with leftover rice in Cajun homes years ago.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 egg, separated
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Boil cooked rice in 1 cup of water for 5 minutes. Drain.
- Mix rice, evaporated milk and 1 milk can full (12 ounces) of water. Heat, but
do not boil.
- Beat egg yolk well. Add sugar and pour into rice mixture. Continue to heat, but
do not boil. Add salt and vanilla extract.
- Beat egg white until peaks form. Fold in and remove mixture from heat.
Yield: 4 servings
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes