- 1 pound skinless pork link sausage
- 1/2 pound thick sliced bacon, cut into pieces
- 3 large onions, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup minced parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 pound shelled shrimp
- 1 1/3 cups rice
- Fry sausage and bacon, stirring frequently.
- Remove and drain all but 2 tablespoons of fat.
- Add onions and pepper. Cook for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Add parsley, bacon, sausage, garlic, and seasonings; mix well.
- Place shrimp over mixture. Do not stir.
- Pour rice over shrimp. Add water to barely cover rice. Do not stir. Cover. Bring
to a boil; reduce heat and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove cover. Reduce heat and continue heating for 15 minutes to dry Jambalaya.
Yield: 8 servings