Capture all the fiery flavors of Louisiana with this warm, hearty dish. It’s
packed with zesty, bold taste and is also an excellent source of fiber and antioxidants.
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can College Inn® Light & Fat Free Chicken Broth 50% Less Sodium
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans Del Monte® Italian Recipe Stewed Tomatoes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 box frozen okra
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1 pound fish (firm), cut into 1 inch cubes
- 3/4 pound shrimp (raw), peeled, deveined
- Rice, cooked
- In large saucepan, cook onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic in oil until
- Stir in tomatoes, broth, okra, thyme and red pepper. Simmer, uncovered,
for 5 minutes.
- Stir in fish and shrimp. Cook until fish is opaque and just begins to flake.
- Serve in bowls, topped with a mound of rice.
Prep Time: 10 min | Cook Time: 30 min | Yield: 6 servings
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
College Inn®/©Del Monte Corporation
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Cajun and Creole recipes